View Single Post
Old 07-07-22, 08:06 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
Once in a while, I would add two or three miles to my commute home. My old commute routes averaged 9 miles, with one more direct, less safe, less pleasant option of 7 miles, which was not an option for the ride home due to safety concerns. (different traffic dynamics inbound and outbound)

That all ended ended 18 months ago as I began to work from home for myself, so I was in the same boat as pdlamb although my daily ride seems to average only 15 miles, with longer weekend rides.

But in a couple of weeks I will be starting a new job that is about 6.5 miles from the house on the most direct route. I can also incorporate the first half of three of my former (and more pleasant) routes for a distance of 7.5 to 8 miles. And I will have another option for routes that would add at least 2 miles and a tremendous hill. I rode that route last month to a different business close to my new job and it would allow me to coast downhill the last 1.5 miles and cool off before work.