Old 05-10-20, 10:35 AM
10cup

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
ICE Sprint X Tour

I am 75 and good shape, I have ridden motorcycles for 50 years but had a bad accident in 2015 when a dog ran under my front wheel. I wanted also to keep in shape and get exercise while enjoying the ride. I had some 10 speed bicycles in the past but the pain on my ass, shoulders, arms and wrists did not make it fun and I ended up just not ridding it much. Fast forward to today, I took delivery of my ICE Trike three weeks ago and found it to be a very enjoyable and fun experience. No pain and plenty fast for me. I average 12-12.8 mph on trips from 12 to 15 miles and don't have to worry much about breaking more bones.
This week I added an aftermarket electric pedal assist and WOW now I can get up hills easily and really just enjoy my rides tremendously. I follow a few younger riders on skinny tired race bikes and had to laugh as they could not just run off and leave me, looking over their shoulders left and right trying to figure our how this old man could still be on their tail. LOL I didn't push them or try to pass just stayed a safe distance behind. It added another fun factor to the ride and I am really enjoying the trike! My average on the 30 mile ride with the electric boost averaged 13.8 mph, a testament to the fact that I am not trying to become a racer but just enjoy riding and not being afraid to join other riders younger than myself should the need arise. Wish I had gotten my recumbent sooner.

Last edited by 10cup; 05-10-20 at 10:47 AM. Reason: add photo
Likes For 10cup: