phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3257 Post(s)
Liked 2,082 Times in 978 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
Don't know what it is with the narcotics.

I once developed sudden spinal cord damage from a known cervical disc problem and went painlessly tingly from the neck down. I paged the neurosurgery resident on call and headed to the ER for an MRI. There was nothing to do that night, so I put on my coat and headed for the door. On the way out, I had to check in with the ER doc, who reached into a cabinet, stuffed 20 Percocets into pill bottle, and confided them to me. I protested, stating that I had no pain at all, but he said, "just take them" like it was the least he could do for a VIP.

Of course, after surgery, the surgeons forced more dope, plus a bunch of benzos, on me and made me promise to take them regularly, which I did, for a while, and got **** from LSS for being high.
I told my orthopedic surgeon before I had my larval repair 6 years ago that I wanted an opioid free pain management plan. He laughed and said I was going to change my mind. I figured since it was arthroscopic I’d be fine.

I was under anesthesia for close to 5 hours with my hip in traction for four. He ground off a ton of bone on the head of my femur and outside of the hip and did microfracture to bring blood to the site where the labrum was anchored back in place.

When I woke up I was in a **** ton of pain, and when asked if I wanted a percocet I immediately said yes.

He prescribed me a few days worth for breakthrough pain and it was enough to make it manageable, I can’t imagine going without it. I was sick when I came off it after only a little time.