View Single Post
Old 06-14-20, 01:23 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
I think this is from last year or the year before. I don’t mind them using my pic tbh.
What LoP wrote. The waiver likely included a consent clause allowing them to use your photo.

Many years ago my image ended up on the front flap of ride brochure. It was sort of semi-transparent. I got the brochure and didn’t even notice. Someone finally clued me in. May have been the City-to-Shore. It was so long ago I cannot remember. I should have saved one.

I still have a copy of a story that ran in a county paper in Iowa. Our cross country group had split up for a few days. Some of us got invited to stay in a senior center in tiny Oxford Junction so we could have ac in the 90+ degree heat. Word got around and a writer for the paper came by, interviewed us and took a photo. She later mailed copies to Bowling Green, OH, where we had a rest day. I’ll try to dig it out and scan it.

Our tour leader offered to give them the daily camping budget for each person there, which was $5/day. The head of the center refused, but we left it for the place anyway. Slipped the spare keys through the mail slot the next morning and took off for Davenport.

Last edited by indyfabz; 06-14-20 at 01:27 PM.