Old 09-25-21, 03:55 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 654 Posts
gravelinmygears Were those bikes original to NM?

If so, they were probably sold by Joel B. at Bicycle World. They had 2 shops, one on Central Ave. in Albuquerque across from UNM, the other in Santa Fe.

Joel was part of the Original Turin Bicycle Co-op. He moved from Chicago to New Mexico and opened the Albq. shop at the beginning of the Bike Boom Fad in 1970-71. They did a land office business. He knew Albert Eisentraut well and started selling his frames in 1975.

Bicycle World was about 3 block from our shop and I regularly stopped by to see Joel and check out (drool over) the latest Eisentraut frames so I saw most of them that went through there.

I saw your Limited frame at Ed Litton's both before and after repainting. Ed and Albert were partners for a long time and he painted most of the frames during the 80's and 90's.

Ed Litton (left) and Albert Eisentraut (right) at their shop in Oakland, CA in the 80's. I don't remember who was in the middle.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Last edited by verktyg; 09-25-21 at 04:06 PM.