Old 10-19-21, 03:08 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
I find your question intriguing. I really don't have anything useful to add.

I never got into the resistance training or other gym work, though I wish I could find some way to get some of that desire. I think it will help keep my bones as strong as they can be. And keep my joints in overall good shape... unless it only work favorites.

The last 15 years of my working life was quite a bit of manual labor and a lot of heavy lifting. I noticed my muscles were much stronger but no more massive than before or now. I might have looked a little trimmer.

But for my main gist for being here. One of the guys I worked with went to the gym and bulked up quite a bit. Looked impressive and formidable when he came up to me or any other. However he could not lift any better than I could when I was in my best shape there at that job.

So I've been wondering if the excess protein and other stuff a lot of gym rats thrive on is just bulking them up with visceral fat. Which is actually a bad thing.

I've never looked into any studies or stuff that would give factual information about that. So do you or any other have anything knowledge-wise toward that?

Last edited by Iride01; 10-19-21 at 03:16 PM.