View Single Post
Old 03-04-22, 05:14 PM
blt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
For the coldest part of the morning, I'll use handwarmers, but IMO heated gloves work better. I don't own any, but pre-pandemic a friend I was visiting in Redding loaned me some to go out on a morning ride in 27 degree weather, and they seemed pretty nice.

I prefer sunny mornings in the 30's to riding in rain. I can put on enough layers to be warm enough, and so long as I stay out long enough it gets better (though I need to shed layers). My skull cap definitely helps the head. A benefit of the pandemic, I have plenty of different masks I can put on to help keep my face warm in the coldest part of the morning.

I can keep from being too miserable in cold weather (although I've never ridden below 24 degrees in my adult life), it is much harder for me to keep from being miserable in the rain.

I also sometimes use the cold as an excuse to be lazier in the morning and get out later.

In the human and environmental interest of Northern California, I hope for rain. If it isn't raining, I look on the bright side that I can ride dry.