View Single Post
Old 07-01-22, 02:30 AM
SeeSeeRookRook

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I had a ~61cm 610 perhaps a year or two earlier than this one Second Edit: I'm getting my bikes confused. I think my 610 was '85 or a touch later. Got it used in '90. Rode it as a commuter through all weather and a bunch of crashes for 20 years and 27,000 miles. Now I started with a bare frame so I cannot speak for the parts. That frame is excellent. Probably butted main tubes and hi-ten stays and fork. Very well made and strong. Bike rode well. It was slightly odd in geometry. Touring, so a long head tube but medium top tube. BB was high. I still don't know why. I rode it fix gear and loved that feature. Other 610s I've seen don't seem to have that oddity.

I'd still be riding it except I destroyed it in a crash that would doom any bike. (It would be at 47,000 miles now.)

Edit: Size - I was 6'-1/2", long legs when I got it. (Legs are still long but the rest is shrinking.) So, longer legs than you, shorter torso and probably lot longer arms. Standover on mine which was a size larger than that one was a little close. I'm guessing that bike would fit you just fine with no more than perhaps a stem change. (Any old 22.2 quill stem will fit so you have thousands to choose from. Nothing quirky on those frames.)

Third edit: Those cantilever brakes are as good as you'll find. I took one ride when I got my 610 and promptly took them off and put them on my custom where they still are. I never saw those brake on other bikes but they are keepers!
your info is very much helpful for me, let me reach out to the seller and hope for the best!