View Single Post
Old 03-07-20, 04:51 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Beautiful work, @Johno59! I remember when those first showed up on "For the Love of English 3-Speeds"; and they definitely belong here.

Spring has made a preview appearance here this weekend, and it is Glorious! Thursday night I was running a fever of 102.7° (F), and I didn't feel up to riding yesterday either. It doesn't fit the Corona virus profile, nothing respiratory, or even gastro for that matter. My wife says probably Ebola, I hope she's wrong!

So today I ventured out with the bike in my new bike-hauler van, and rode around the parking lot of what used to be "Diamond Jim's" back in the day. Diamond Jim's

Today it is just another American ghost town, but a fascinating place for a photographer. After a few laps around the parking lot,I was getting a bit dizzy and sweaty. So I posed the bike for a few shots, and drove back home. When I am well again, I'll go back later in the day when the light is better, and shoot some more.

Rumor has it that this place is going to be torn down soon, probably this year. Better get it while the gettin's good.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
Likes For DQRider: