Old 09-30-21, 03:23 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by sbn351
Hi all. Ridden bikes all my life, and now I want to get a recumbent for mostly touring and some commuting. Should be best for touring, with bags ect.
I think I want a trike, but not sure a 2 wheel bike is better.
If I get a trike I kind of like how the Hase kettwiesel is set up, but since I have never ridden one, or any recumbent for that matter, I dont know if the kettwiesel is a good choice for me.
Any thoughts on the kettwiesel?
If I go for the other trike setup with 2 wheels out front, is the 26 og 20 back wheel best for touring?
Any advise? Oh and Im not looking for electric bikes 😊
Just remember that if you get a Hase Kettwiesel to get the one that "drives both the rear wheels"! The delta's can slip in some circumstances if only one rear wheel drives on one side, FYI. Let's face it YOU can TOUR on ANY bike or trike, it's up to you to know the SPEED you want, etc. Trikes are VERY comfortable which is great for touring, their not FAST, if you not the Smell the Roses type of rider a BIKE might be more to your liking! I too recommend the Long Wheel Base recumbent bike for touring! There is one more point to think about IF your ROAD touring, a trike (either style) is WIDER than a bike, if your roads have the dreaded " serrated emergency lanes (ie. the multi-bumps to WAKE up sleeping drivers), the ride could be rough on a TRIKE but a BIKE would be able to just miss most of them with it's thinner track, JMHO. Yes, TEST RIDES are worth a couple of days car ride to a multi-line recumbent dealership, even with a overnight stay, again JMHO, YMMV!