Old 12-03-21, 06:56 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
So I bought a new bike and a new bike rack in the last year, but when I took my wife's car to get the initial free oil change today, I ended up buying a new truck to go with my new bike and my new bike rack. I really had no plans for a new truck, but it just seemed like the right thing to do. I was chatting with the sale manager whom I ride with here and there and when I was selling my Cannondale SuperSix a few years back, he happened to be the one that bought it. Anyway, he pointed out a 2022 Ridgeline that just came in last night, the only one on the lot, and I was like, lets go for a ride. He told me that there was a dude driving in from Tallahassee to look at it, and I was like, yea, but I am here now and how much more biz are you going to get from him? He lives 200 miles west of here, I live about 12. He said, let me get the keys.

Needless to say, no bargaining on the new truck price, but they gave me a lot more for my current truck than I thought they would. While I was waiting on them to finish the prep work, a random dude starting asking me questions about my 2018 Ridgeline and he ended up working a deal for that one. We had not even sighed the papers yet on my new truck and the old truck was sold. I was like hold on, I need it off my insurance first, so he put a deposit on it to hold it until tomorrow and then I can bring in the other key.

Easiest damn sales this guy ever made.

Oh and I picked up a Wahoo Speed Sensor for my Emonda.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 12-03-21 at 07:08 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr: