View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 08:51 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,580 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
The last info I saw said that was that odd even license plate days would be used for entry to the park and it didn't mention bikes at all. I did see sometthing in the closure info that mentioned that Canyon, Madison, Norris, and Lewis Lake campgrounds remained closed. I assume that means the others are open in the portions of the park that is open. They may not have opened hiker/biker camping though. They specifically did mention that backcountry camping is not open at this time.

Have you seen anything that specifically indicates that bikes are or will be allowed in? able to camp?

The Tetons detour wouldn't be the end of the world, but would be a big disappointment for some who would be looking forward to Yellowstone as a highlight of their trip.
The license plate thing is most likely related to managing crowds. Glacier has been limiting visitors along the Going to the Sun Corridor and possibly other area of the park. If you are in a car you need to have a reservation between something like 6 am and some time in the evening. If you have something like lodging reservations that counts as a reservation to enter the park. The l restrictions do not apply to people on bikes. This is the second year in a row.

I am pretty sure Yellowstone had restrictions last year, but I don’t know the details.