Old 06-28-22, 05:49 AM
OkFine

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre Veloce eTap, Poseidon X, Cannondale F5,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Cnguyen323
hope the kid knows how cool this build is!

I’m always jealous of this color of X because of that orange fork. I’m thinking juin techs or maybe some decent 2 piston mech brakes. I’m a thick rider so I’ll benefit from improved braking.

how are you liking the hy/rds?
One of the few complaints I had about the X was the flat black fork. It just didn't flow with the rest of the bike. I know it was a cost saving step and I do appreciate that in the spirit of what the bike is, but I took advantage of fixing it when the TA conversion kit came in. I figured I'd go loud and match the lettering instead of matching the green. I think it turned out nicely.

I'm really enjoying the new braking system. I can't give all the praise to one thing or the other since I changed them all at the same time, but the only thing I don't like is how loud the rotors are at harder braking moments. I'm hoping that sort of breaks in or I'm changing them. I'm about 188lbs right now and the kid/trailer is about 70 depending on what else is in there to occupy him. That's a lot of weight and momentum to control and these brakes are doing well so far I think.

And he knows!

Likes For OkFine: