View Single Post
Old 05-21-22, 12:58 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10440 Post(s)
Liked 11,914 Times in 6,101 Posts
I decided it was time to wash the Dodge, which I acquired 8 years ago this week. It was covered in little yellow spots, which I presume are some kind of bird s**t. Getting those scrubbed off was a chore, let me tell you! Then, since I hadn't waxed it since at least last fall, I did that. While the wax was drying, I decided to wash the Canyon, before I take it to my LBS, so he can replace the stupid pressfit BB that sounds like an coke-fueled granny in an old rocking chair. Then I thought I should do th Litespeed. As I was stripping off the pump and saddlebag, I discovered a line of salt deposited on the underside of the top tube. Yeesh. Apparently the "Old Men Don't Sweat" thing hasn't hit me yet. And that was only 150 miles worth!

Last night's ride was fun. Fastest trip on the 25 mile TT route with the Litespeed. I did the same ride on Wednesday, and it was a lot harder, for some reason. I had raised the bars about a cm, having discovered that they were about that much lower than the other bikes. It might, or might not have made a difference. Hard to say. Still, it was fun pushing the HR up into the high 160s a couple times, just for s**ts and giggles. Overall, the Litespeed is turning out exactly as I'd hoped - comfy, reasonably fast, good looking. And with the R8000 Ultegra, it shifts like thought - a quiet clikclik, and it's in the gear I want. Now all the other bikes are getting jealous!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: