Old 12-11-22, 11:42 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Given that this is Giant we are talking about, proprietary parts are likely to be available for decades. Of course it limits your options if you happen to be a serial seatpost addict. But for most users it is very much a non-issue.
One would hope the parts will be available from Giant for decades.

Like I said there are many reasons to want a different seatpost and this does limit your options to according to their website a single option but obviously they make a carbon version so two versions. During the endemic we are still facing there are still parts shortage issues, if our options were between only two posts we would be severely limited for repairs especially if they couldn't meet demands.

Look I get it people love Giant and their proprietary seatpost is just fine with nary an issue ever sure whatever but I will not subscribe to that. Working in the industry knowing companies who use proprietary parts and discontinue them or people needing to replace them for one reason or another I am always leery of parts like that even if it is a lower likelihood of issues.
Likes For veganbikes: