View Single Post
Old 03-01-23, 04:16 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,878 Times in 2,315 Posts
Dial indicators will have a significant amount of dial needle jump, with or without roller tips. But like the VAR's pointer that of the dial is an easy feedback device to learn with. Perhaps continue with. I have found some people like that visual feedback, others can work with the audio of a simple finger (of the stand) against the rim. Few initially look for the gap between that finger and the rim. I like to have some back light so better see this gap.

This Park stand is at least third one I have dealt with that had dial indicators. Each time I think they would be a nice addition and after a bit of use I discount their presence and find "watching the gap" to be what I do. But this is like so many other tool preferences. The best way to figure what you like is to try different ones. Andy