Old 02-10-20, 11:42 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by showlow
I'm coming from exclusively riding v-brakes and calipers. This is my first go at discs. For me they are huge improvement from what I'm used to. I imagine hydraulic is awesome, but I kinda prefer simple cables for everything.

No, I would not buy this bike at the complete price of almost 4k. It's just not a good deal at that price, IMO. I built it for almost half that and came out with a better spec. The other day I saw a Pivot Vault on closeout on Backcountry in my size and it was only 2800. Kinda felt a twinge of regret, but then again this bike is classy and steel and has external cables which are easy to service, so I suppose I prefer what I have.

It weighs about 20.4 lbs with pedals, a bell, and accessory mounts. When I add my lights and computer it's about 21 lbs. Not too bad for a 58cm.
Well if you ever get to ride or own a hydraulic disc bike IMO it's a game changer and really where the industry is going overall.

Your All City is a great bike and if you are a Steel is real guy than there really isn't any substitute, however IMO the Pivot Vault is simply a better bike, especially at $2800. I highly doubt you can return or sell your bike at this point or really want to but yeah me personally I would be shooting myself for not getting the Pivot. Totally different bikes and you would have to enjoy carbon as well. In the end the Pivot is 18lbs stock so probably with all your accessories you are looking at 1lb-1.5lbs less than the All City

Last edited by Jrasero; 02-10-20 at 11:55 AM.
Likes For Jrasero: