Mdl
Montedino

Bikes: Bertin, Ross Mt Hood; Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I can't see very well from the pictures, but part of the reason I asked was that, if you were planning on taking the vintage parts off the bike and putting modern parts on, the Bottecchia is more likely to have a 130 mm rear triangle, which would fit modern wheels more easily.

If they are the same size and in similar condition (and similar prices), it's about which one speaks to you more. I've always wanted to try an EL-OS bike, but I've also always sort of lusted after one of those Team Koga-Miyata bikes (assuming the blue and gold paint job). I think Bottecchia was a step down from the Masis and De Rosas and Cioccs (may have been contract built by someone else), so they are not like the top end grail bikes, but are pretty nice bikes on their own. At least that was my (very limitted) understanding.
Very helpful, Everyone. Much appreciated. Waiting for the Miyata seller to appear at the meetup in 5 mins. I think the Bottecchia is too far a drive to check it out.

I test rode a 3Rensho Katana Pro before Covid. Sweet bike. But $895 and too tall. I wonder whether there will be similarities…and what drives value regarding that brand?

Last edited by Mdl; 07-19-21 at 03:05 PM.