View Single Post
Old 09-08-21, 05:28 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
then you certainly know how your bits and bytes feel from riding!
I guess the only thing of using padded shorts bikepacking would maybe be less opportunity to wash them daily--which Ive always done touring, in campgrounds or motels, and stick them on my panniers the next day if not dry enough. Fast washing certainly is easier with a sink or in a shower. Ive become very adept at fast washing of shorts, jersey and socks.
The washing thing has been a big problem for some. Both the need to wash daily and the need for having them dry at the start of the day seem to be a prime requirement for many or even most. They cite issues with saddle sores and so on. Personally I have not found either to be a big deal and have not found that saddle sores resulted if I wore the same shorts a few days in a row or put them on damp in the morning.

I have gotten by with one pair of shorts on some long trips. Especially in that case I do find it key to get out of them as soon as I am off the bike for the day and into something that lets me air out. Running shorts with a light nylon breif work well for that in camp airing out.
Likes For staehpj1: