View Single Post
Old 10-02-21, 08:20 PM
randallr

Bikes: 2017 Gunnar CrossHairs Rohloff, 2022 Detroit Bikes Cortello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 89 Posts
I did a bike/bus commute (and sometimes a bike only commute if weather and time allowed) for the past 5.5 years, except as interrupted by Covid. Things I needed to know about bus commute: 1) In our city there have been some fairly rare cases of bikes being stolen from the bike rack on the front of the bus. I did some reversible things to kind of trash up my bike's appearance (like run it with ugly fenders) to make it less attractive to thieves. I think this was a minimal risk, really. 2) check your different ticket pricing options. In our town buying a bus pass it generally more expensive than buying a book of tickets, unless you bus every day of the week. 3) In our city you are supposed to let the driver know "I'm pulling my bike" as you get off and go in front of the bus to unload. 4) Be sure to turn all lights on bike off before getting on bus. 5) I typically just loaded the bike on the bus rack with its bag in place (holding my work laptop inside of it). You can decide on that one . . . . 6) The regional buses I rode had both a front rack and below luggage bays. When front rack filled drivers loaded bikes in below luggage bays.
Likes For randallr: