View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 07:56 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by alloo
Times over 1 hour 5 days a week are over the top. It's double but then you have to worry about breaking down and flat tires and component wear more. I like belt driven/hub shifting bikes for the task of commuting. If I was commuting I would get the Gazelle 380+, Priority Current or now the DOST Drop CVT. Hydralic brakes. Now I limit my bicycle trips to 5 miles around the house. If I work downtown I will start riding and buy a new bicycle that I mentioned before. My goal on commuting was to beat public transportation. It's cheaper too. Unfortunately, bicycle shops don't have consistent service times for major service. Bicycle shops are built for the leisure bicycle market.
yes I just worked out the cost. it costs about 260.00 for every 2000 miles of riding between the two bikes. tires on the tandem go fast too. so maybe 1000 or so in normal wear and tear. a belt would be nice but the cost is pretty high. especially if you go with a bosch or such. I have almost 12,000 miles only commuter I bought in nov 2019.