View Single Post
Old 10-21-21, 02:16 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,379 Times in 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by delbiker1
........ Really nice shoes, that I really do not need, but tell myself it is a really good deal. I already have 3 pairs of SPD shoes, 2 pairs of SPD-SL, and a pair of SPD winter cycling shoes. So, If I buy them and do not wear them, not such a good deal.
ouch... that strikes a bit close to home!

in my defense, my shoe buying happened one or two decades ago, for the most part.
Most of these were vintage shoes with slotted cleats, so I've got three different pairs of Duegi's, some with perforated leather uppers. Another pair of Duegi's has perforated uppers, but a rubber sole, which is nice if I expect to be walking much.

I've also got some Detto's with the oak soles, which are too nice to actually use. Not too pretty to just look at, though.

I've also got a pair of classic black Carnac Carlit shoes, with a hard rubber (or maybe plastic?) sole. Good for a bit of walking. Haven't used them yet.

Throw in a couple of pairs of Diadora shoes that were early SPD's, but make great shoes for toe clips, since they have stiff rubber soles with a shallow slot. Wonderful! I think I have one pair of low end Shimano SPD shoes that just used as rubber soled shoes with toe clips. They were good for commuting too, just like the Diadora's.
There's also a couple of pairs of SPD shoes for routine use too. There's a pair of Lake SPD sandals too.
I'm afraid to add them all up, but most of them get used. Better to have a couple of pairs that haven't been used yet than to be without shoes that you really like.

Steve in Peoria
Likes For steelbikeguy: