View Single Post
Old 12-17-21, 08:31 PM
EPOisDope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Kickr Core Routine Maintenance

I currently have a Kickr Core that I purchased in January. It's working well and I'm very happy with it, but since it is belt-driven, I would imagine that the belt won't last forever, especially since I tend to be rather brutal on equipment. What kinds of wear & tear items need to be replaced on a Kickr Core? I haven't had good luck with belt-driven smart trainers from another manufacturer. That manufacturer did 2 warranty replacements (both time replacing the original one with a newer model free of charge!) over the course of about 3 years - belts, bearings, a motor, etc. I no longer have that last replacement unit because I purchased a Kickr Core so that I'd have something to ride while the 2nd unit was being warrantied since it was about a 2 or 3 month process because of a supply shortage, so when I got that 3rd replacement unit, I actually wound up giving it to a friend (he did a lot for me over the years, so I owed it to him!). Would it be a good idea to get a replacement belt or other parts on-hand so that I don't have to be yet another month or two without a trainer when it snaps? The flywheel has a slight wobble to it which it had since day 1, so there is a noticeable vibration starting at around 30 MPH or so, but other than occasionally slipping / making noise when some sweat gets on it, it has been rock-solid so far. That flywheel gets HOT after hard efforts, so it surely can't last forever.