Old 07-08-22, 05:26 PM
ark40

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Good advice guys. I'll ride the week of the race but limit my self to 20 milers as a relatively easy pace. Heat I am used to, and I do drink as much as I can, fortunately I do not sweat as much so I do end up taking a rest stop during the ride and most times at the end. In my club rides I am usually the slowest rider so I usually get dropped and catch up on stops, because of which I get zero drafting, which I am sure helps with training. Expecting the race day to be significantly better for drafting, allowing me to finish sooner and avoid the hottest part of the day. The advice on butt pain is spot on, I already try to manage that but I think more attention is needed to keep the body pain free. The toes are something I can't seem to find a solution yet. That was my #1 request to the bike shop when I was getting fitted earlier this year (they use a Retuhl), changed insoles, added some shims to the cleats to improve pressure balance, still get pain on the outer toes in both feet. But that's an ongoing project.
Oh! and I do have a HRM (Wahoo Roam) and I keep my Hr rate between 145-155 most times, and go into mid 160s when on a long steady up hill. Never cross 170. I don't know my resting HR but I should know in teh next few days as soon as I can find my wife's fitbit :-).