Old 07-15-22, 07:55 AM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,041 Times in 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by beng1
I don't think miles matter as much as how hard you are pushing while riding them. I have been riding over 400 miles per week for a long time, and I don't think that is a lot of miles at all, but if it has made me any stronger or faster it is because for half or more of them I am going as fast as I can, not touring, commuting or sight-seeing. Riding easy miles is good exercise, so is walking or mowing the lawn with a push-mower.

Riding as fast as you can has the benefit of getting you to the same or better fitness level in less miles and in less time. I have a lot of other things to work on and take care of so I don't have time to ride any more than 400 miles a week, and in the future I see I may not have time for even that much, so any time I spend riding I want to get as much out of as possible, and at only 60 years old I can still get quite a bit out of it.
Based on some of your posts in other areas I was pretty sure you were a troll. This post confirms it.

"Riding as fast as you can" is horrible training advise, even for elite athletes. If you ride over 400 miles per week, and more than half of those miles are "as fast as you can" you have gotten weaker and slower, not stronger and faster. The human body needs time to recover in order to get stronger. The time it takes to ride 200 miles a week "as fast as you can" simply doesn't give your body time to recover. Your numbers are off somewhere. Substantially off.
Likes For MattTheHat: