Old 10-15-22, 08:54 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
Yeah, this was sort of my thought. Do a custom workout in ERG mode with the power set crazy low. That way you can't be tempted to push yourself chasing someone (always seems to happen to me when I'm trying to take it easy).
This makes a lot of sense, I'll have to do that. I was even thinking about just running the wahoo utility, setting the resistance and watching a movie.

Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
So I am guessing from the context you are having elective surgery to address a chronic issue.
If that is correct, one other suggestion I have is to learn how to use crutches now. It sounds stupid, but it really is kind of a skill that took me awhile to acquire, especially going up and down stairs. Also, if you can use only one crutch, it helps. They also had me rent this knee scooter thing.
Yes, it's elective. Learning to use crutches is on my list, but the date of the surgery is approaching quickly somehow.
I have hear of people having trouble with the knee scooter. My wife never crashed on hers, and she is accident prone, so I figured I might be able to use it. OTOH, one of her colleagues had to buy one with bigger wheels because she crashed the one she rented