Old 12-09-22, 06:13 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by LV2TNDM
Some poster on this forum thinks that "being experienced" is the best way to avoid crashes and collisions with drivers. Rebellin's death is an example of where this didn't really work out too well. I admit that I cannot say he wasn't using lights. Nothing I've read indicates he was or wasn't.

A friend of mine, with 40 years of racing and urban commuting under his belt, was recently hit head on by a left-turning driver. Almost killed him. Not using lights.
Originally Posted by LV2TNDM
I find it interesting that many here are concluding that I think experience doesn't count. Where do I say that? I don't think I do. You're just interpreting it this way.
Are you friggin' kidding here? That's the opening paragraphs of your first post. Either you intended to denigrate the value of experience or you are the least self-aware writer possible. You casted this post as an argument for no purpose whatsoever.

How exactly am I "spamming" anyone here? Wow, livedarklions, you sure have an issue with someone trying to make a point whose intent is to reduce injury and mortality on bikes! Did I come over to your house and force you to click on this discussion? Are you attracted to my prose like moth to a flame? Is it THAT hard to look away? Poor you, then.
You're very obviously using advocacy of a marginally effective safety measure as a vehicle to put other members down and to troll arguments. You're doing it in a thread about a guy getting killed and you admit you have no idea whether he was or wasn't using lights. I don't have any issues with you advocating for drl, although I'm skeptical about their usefulness. I find the way you're going about it incredibly obnoxious. Is it too hard for you to write succinctly and avoid contentious asides where you straw man and attack other people? Poor you, then!

Last edited by livedarklions; 12-09-22 at 06:19 AM.
Likes For livedarklions: