Old 10-23-21, 04:34 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked 756 Times in 561 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins
At first I read this and told myself that this info had to pertinence to my original question, but after some consideration, I now think that it matters a lot, so thank you! I'm planning a bikepacking adventure for next season, and it will be through about 300 miles (as the crow flies, so it will probably be at least 350 miles by the time I'm done) of logging roads owned by the paper companies. I will be riding bikepacking-style, with some measure of fully-loaded traditional touring setup as well. It will be like 50/50 bikepacking/fully-loaded, i.e. a traditional ortlieb handlebar bag, but I'll use my Nelson Longflap on the back. I once modified my Revelate Sweetroll and Harness to attach to the saddle like a touring saddlebag. It worked like a champ, I tells ya!

I will be travelling through some really great trout country, so I will definitely take my tenkara rod.
Probably not very helpful, but... I thought your original comment about starting with paper first seemed daft, but after reading about what the logistics and locale are it makes a lot more sense. I can see where starting with the DeLorme Atlas & Gazetteer and entering the route into some digital tool makes a lot of sense. I doubt folks use the Gazetteer too much these days, but they still are a great tool for some uses. Back in the day I used them a lot for all kinds of outdoor pursuits.