Old 02-28-22, 03:30 PM
ericoseveins
I like cats.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by engineerbob
We'll drive to Pittsburgh. But once there, where can I park the car? I'm more than a little concerned about theft.

I think paying for a garage is definitely the best approach for peace of mind. There's also a lot of churches in Pittsburgh with decently large parking lots that mostly go unused. I'm sure that if you called and asked, any one of them would let you park for a week or so. You could maybe try St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in McKees Rocks and make up a name for yourself like Giannis Hellenandros or something and tell them what you need. McKees Rocks would be good because you can take the Heritage Trail down to Point State Park and have that traditional start to the journey on the GAP.

If you're inclined to accept some very low risk, you could certainly park on the street too. Car theft in and around Pittsburgh is not a big problem and street parking without a permit is readily available. Main thing to watch is street cleaning which is every two weeks on either the first and third weeks or the second and fourth. They won't tow you if you get dinged for parking through street cleaning, you'll just get ticketed with a small fee which you can pay online.