Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
Wrong is wrong no matter who commits the wrong. These day too many people want to make the wrong doer a victim.

An example of this is some young hoodlum goes out and shoots someone and shoots at the police that return fire and kills him. Then we hear from the parents that failed him. They tell us he was really a wonderful person and was turning him self around. They tell us he was getting his GED and was going to to to college to be a brain surgeon, so the police should never have shot him.

This really turns into what should be another posting....

I have never understood the custom of having "nothing bad to say" about a (bad) person after they pass. Suddenly because they have died all the bad deeds and horrible behaviors are washed clean and they are sainted.

I went to a funeral not too long ago of a guy that I shared a common interest with. We shared a lot of time together, along with others on a team together. He was very good at this interest and we had some fun times. All in all though, he was not a particularly good person. He had been in trouble with the law, was prone to fighting and much more. The time came during the service for people to walk up and discuss (good) things about him and for the most part the entire crowd just sort of looked around at each other and the moment passed. Not much to stand up and say in that regard, so no one did.