Old 09-12-22, 03:37 AM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikolay
I contacted Thomas Loesch from Velowerk.ch (Switzerland) who designed the T-tuned geometry for Tern Verge line. Thomas sells his "Werx" bike, and he states his bike is suitable for gravel riding:
"here the "gravelbike" version in curry yellow, others also say it's a "cruiser" - in any case it's great fun to ride it without having to pay attention to the terrain, the 62 mm wide Schwalbe Super Moto tires have enough reserve for it rough, but also roll majestically on asphalt. i have adjusted the geometry so that it is even more intuitive to ride and that you immediately feel at home. "hands-free" is no longer a test of courage, it's simply part of the driving pleasure. this version is definitely the right choice for bigger adventures: attach a luggage rack, attach a lowrider and off you go!"

The interesting point is that his Werx looks very similar to the previous generation of Tern Verge, so I asked him whether it has the same frame. His response was as follows:"Hello nikolay,

the werx is a quite different from standard terns :
  • Same frame tubing
  • Stronger welding
  • Fork made from crmo with brass filled forkcrown
  • Elaborated luggage-concept with low hanging panniers on stable racks
  • T-tuned geometry (i have developped this for better improved steering – rides like a Cadillac)"

It seems that there exists a folding bike with a mid-frame hinge that is suitable for gravel rides!
Thanks for checking and posting this. It’s very informative, and confirms what I thought about (not) taking the X11 gravel riding.
Very interesting to know that a more robust frame exists, and to be honest, I’d still be cautious about taking one of these upgraded frames on any serious off-road riding, but that’s just me. If anyone gets one of these frames and takes it off road regularly, let us know how it works out!