Old 09-16-22, 03:42 AM
Nikolay

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ron Damon
I've ridden a folder with 92cm wheelbase extensively, and I can tell you it's among the most fun I've had on two wheels. Even though it is not the most comfy or quickest of my rides, it is possibly the most exciting and fun for its maneuverability, agility and nimbleness. Wheelbase of 105? Yeah, it's gonna be stable, alright. At the expense of agility and the ability to turn on a dime. After a certain length wheelbase, you've got enough stability and any longer, your ride is becoming more and more like the Titanic. Think in terms of a Goldilocks zone, not in terms of a maximum. 105cm? I, myself, would not prefer a wheelbase that long on a folder, a bit of a boat TBH. The sweetspot, IMO, is around 98-100cm.
A question of desired agility/twitchiness goes to personal preferences. I have two 20" folding bikes: Downtube 8HN 2007 and Fsir Spin 5. The former has a wheelbase of 105 cm, while the latter is 98 cm. I feel a huge difference between them, and I definitely prefer the Downtube, despite its much larger weight. But that's me