Old 10-24-22, 06:38 AM
Attilio

Bikes: Salsa!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 39 Posts
I rode bike as kid for exercise due to diabetes and a bit for independence. I had a cheap junk that wasn't even the right size half the time, too big for a couple years, just right for a year, and too small thereafter. It was a piece of junk and I know because I rehabbed it in recent years and gifted it to the husband of a friend who thinks riding more than down their 200 yard long street is a big deal.

I ride a bike today for diabetes and exercise. Got into MTB and group riding. It's much more of a way of life now and WAY more fun that I have more money to buy something good. I do it way more. For me back in the day going to a friend's house 8 miles away was a big deal. Now I do centuries in the mountains on a regular basis sometimes including light trails. I have become more and less judgemental. I was afraid that *ANY* cyclist would swerve into my way when I was passing them and honk/high beam from half a mile leaving HUGE berth with horn blaring all the way in case they didn't know I was there. Now that is ZERO for people with fancy bikes and good clothing who look like they're serious because I know they are in control if they spring for that kind of bike; call me a snob but if they're not in the middle of the road swerving around out of control then it's OK. I save the hoking treatment for the fat people with obviously cheap Walmart bikes swerving around half out of control jumping off the side walk obviously not knowing what they are doing, without helmet, without lights and inadvertently cutting you off because they don't know the bike speeds up and veers away when you drop height from sidewalk to street. So my honking and attitude towards cyclists is the same overall but the negative side just shifted to the Walmart bike riding fat people only.