Old 10-24-22, 10:42 AM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Seeing indyfabz post up there reminded me that a big chunk of my cycling history involves tandeming and touring. Good grief. Brain is aging out, too.

The tandeming started as I was easing out of rando, so that was in 2007. At that point, I switched from being a 100% singles rider to a 10% singles rider, at least on the road. I still put a lot of miles on my rollers, but seldom ride my singles outdoors, preferring the tandem. As we got stronger on the tandem, we also knew were both aging. We started touring before it was too late, at first in the US. That was an immensely fun period, culminating in my many decades long dream of doing a cycling and drinking tour of the Czech Republic, now on the tandem.

Long story, but I speak a little Czech and know how good their beer is. I spent a couple months planning and we did a 3 week solo tour on the tandem. That was the most fun I ever had on a bicycle. The Czech people are interesting because they've been conquered so many times they've had to adapt. They have a fabulous sense of humor and the best beer in the world. Our most memorable stop was a couple days we accidentally spent camping in a nudist camp. That was in 2012.

Random scene: