Old 10-24-22, 10:47 AM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 613 Times in 377 Posts
First adult biking was in Ann Arbor, where I could get from our home to my part of UM's campus cheaper and faster by bike than by car. I had trouble finding a bike that fit, though, so I didn't ride much recreationally. Later, in the DC area, I got a bike that fit and started riding solo and with the Arlington Bike Club. Another move, to Evanston (IL), put me in touch with a remnant of the Old Town BC and the Evanston BC. More moves (Dallas, Kuala Lumpur) got me off the bike because of work and climate issues.

Now I ride primarily for fun, but I just had a stress test that I sailed through, so at 78, I'm liking the health effects. I've slowed way down, and I no longer enforce my right of way or encroach on drivers' rights of way at stop signs. In general, when I think of my routes, I choose the ones I think will be safer overall instead of competing with cars.

I compete against myself and still have modest goals, but my main goal is to end a ride feeling happy that I rode, but that's always been my goal.
Likes For philbob57: