View Single Post
Old 02-09-18, 01:17 PM
Monkeyfudger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Racing on the velodrome certainly isn’t “easy” to get into, I very recently done accreditation at Glasgow which took 4 sessions, life gets in the way of these things when it’s 100 miles away and your juggling work/kids.

I’ve been racing on the road for a few years now but still felt the need to get a number of drop in sessions under my belt before I entered a race, I love it and definitely feel like I learn something every time I ride but was really disappointed when I emailed Manchester enquiring about accreditation hoping to maybe only have to do the last 2 sessions to be told flatly that I’d need to do at least 3 tasters sessions before I was allowed to even book accreditation 1 of 4.

I’ve always been of the opinion you can’t really have too much training in life, there’s always something to learn but that’d be 7 sessions before having access to racing or structured training sesssions, 7 sessions I’d have to be driving 140 miles each way for I’ll look into it again when I’ve done a couple more races at Glasgow......