View Single Post
Old 09-18-22, 10:32 AM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10444 Post(s)
Liked 11,923 Times in 6,105 Posts
I wanted to give all my bikes more saddle time, so I started choosing one bike a week to ride for all my midweek rides, while still reserving the Litespeed or the Canyon for long Sunday rides. A couple weeks ago, it was the Schwinn Circuit's turn. That's the 22" (~55-56cm) one that's too small, but which I fitted with a 130mm stem and long seatpost to make it fit, but that leaves the bar 2cm lower than any other bike in my stable. And a couple hard rides, with lots of time in the drops left me with lower back spasms, so I decided I needed one that fit. So I bought a 23" frame with no fork, but with a Sante BB, AND a 24" frame with fork and most of a Sante headset but no BB. I found a local builder who can cut and re-thread the fork to fit the 23", so last night I took the 22" bike down.

Here are the 3 frames, side by side, from the smallest to the largest. The largest is a 1988 Circuit, which was a different color (bright red vs candyapple red), but otherwise the same. The forks are in the front.

And here's a pic of The Mighty Schwinn, as I named the 22" Circuit. Requiescat in pace. When I build up the 23"frame into a bike, it'll have to earn a new name.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey: