Thread: Honda Element
View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 07:24 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked 5,049 Times in 1,793 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Not so be "that guy," but...My first vehicle was a '77 Ford F150 with a straight-six engine and a three-speed manual transmission. I could hop up and sit on the fender, with my legs dangling into the engine compartment, and reach everything that was worth reaching.

Today's cars are much more efficient and reliable, but looking under the hood bewilders me. I haven't even changed my own oil in over twenty years.
Yep gotta love those days. I have admittedly small hands but they have still to big to get in and do some simple repairs on this car. To be honest, not that unusual though on any modern car.

Here's another problem coming soon that seems to be yet another poor design point. Over the years the battery cables weren't take care of. Now the positive terminal on the cable is just about toast. Once again, a lot of cars no big deal, Single cable or at least enough wire that you can splice in a new terminal. But nope, this is a Honda Element, it's special. LOL! No way your putting just a new terminal on it and the cable itself it part of a whole assembly. I'm hoping if he still has it when it fails we can just run an individual positive cable but here again I'm not impressed by what I see as a total engineering failure.