View Single Post
Old 04-13-22, 01:41 PM
jackb

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5, Trek Checkpoint SL5, Cannndale Trail SE 4, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 72 Posts
The emphasis on going fast on bicycles has driven me nuts most of my cycling life, and that's a good fifty years. I simply don't understand riding as fast as you can for twenty or thirty miles. If you are racing, well then, racing is another sport entirely. I'm a hiker and would never consider hiking as fast as I can to my destination and have never left anyone behind with whom I was hiking. The same is true for me when I cross country ski. I ride alone most of the time or occasionally with a friend. I like to have conversation when I'm cycling with others, something that is impossible if we are all speeding along. I do ride with a local club every now and then that claims to not drop riders but they do anyway. If you are going to do something with people, why would you want to leave them behind? Imagine going for a walk with a friend and then speed walking and leaving the friend behind. Makes no sense to me.
Likes For jackb: