phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Liked 2,085 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by abshipp
That's rough. My wife is taking care of a 5 year old since his preschool shut down a while ago and his parents are still working.

I'm hearing similar things from her, he hasn't left his house for like 6 weeks and doesn't really get why, when previously he was at school 5 days a week. His teachers told him that they can't go to school anymore because there's a "Big Germ" out there, but what else can you tell a 5 year old?

Poor kid even was supposed to have a big group video call with teachers and all of his classmates. He got super excited and dressed up to look good for his friends but he was the only one that signed in to the call I think that eventually that day he did get to see some of his friends on a video call, but it still bummed him out.
It sucks all around. I’ve been having the girls
FaceTime with their friends when they’re here with me. Fortunately, my wife was already voluntarily not working and that’s been incredibly helpful.

Their teachers finally started doing doing video conferencing via Google Meet, our district has been a little bit behind with regard to technology, but is catching up.

I usually bomb around the neighborhood for a mile or two with them on their bikes every day and go for 2 mile runs with my oldest (she runs a 9:20 - not bad for an 8 year old) while the other rides her bike. At least they’re getting out of the house a bit.
Likes For phrantic09: