View Single Post
Old 07-01-14, 07:19 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
A year or two ago there was a house with a dog that stood at the fence and growled at me every time I rode by. He was medium size and was some sort of short-hair mix. The house was on a quiet residential side street with many modest homes. There was so much junk in this yard that it was only a matter of time before the dog figured out he could stand on a couch and jump the fence. Then one day I came around the corner and saw him in the street a block ahead, so I turned down a side street and he began to follow me. After the second block he was distracted by something else. When I rejoined my route a couple blocks on I looked back and saw (and heard) him threatening two kids standing next to their bikes. Some other adult was trying to distract the dog from the kids. I pulled out my phone and called 911 and then took a short video. I posted the video and the next morning left a note in the home-owner's mailbox with a link to the video. That was the last time I saw the dog.