View Single Post
Old 08-02-17, 08:25 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by cbustaylor
Appreciate anything you got or alternative sites.
REI end of year pricing on whats left of their CO-OP brand.
Diamondback corporate site pricing.
Raleigh corporate site pricing.
Nashbar if they have your size and during a 25-26% off sale.

All are good alternative options, especially the Dback and Raleigh corporate discount sites.

As for my opinion on bikesdirect- if they sold em without MOTOBECANE plastered across the bike, I would like them better. So if they had their own in house brand name(versus having bought license to use an expired US distribution name of an actual historical company), I would like them much more. Also, if they didnt claim insane discounts, i would like them much more.
As for the bikes themselves- they seem perfectly fine from what Ive seen. Most are generic aluminum tube frames...hard to mess that up at this point. Last week I saw a bunch of various carbon Motobecane BikesDirect road bikes. I cant tell 1 carbon bike from another, but they werent cracked and were being used...so if thats the standard needed to call em good, then they were good.

Seriously- if they developed their own brand, called it Direct Cycles or VeloDirect, and sold bikes under than name- i would like em a bunch more.