gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4678 Post(s)
Liked 5,795 Times in 2,281 Posts
Originally Posted by tkamd73
I’d want prettier for 1K, kind of clunky looking. But I guess derailleurs back in the 30s weren’t that attractive either. Why would I want a 30s inspired derailleur, someone convince me, add copy just not doin it.
Possibly, if I had a 30’s frame to put it on, I’d have more interest, non of my CV vintage enough.
The people who would be excited about this have long passed on, but if still here, would never spend that kind of money on a derailleur.
Tim
$1k gets you a rear derailleur and shift lever. You'd also need to modify your frame, and if you're spending all that money, you'll repaint it as well. Also note that it won't work well with horizonal dropouts, so replace those with the (currently out of stock) special vertical rear dropouts. The bit that holds the derailleur needs to be accurately placed, so your framebuilder will need to spend $150 to braze it on properly aligned.

Che cosa potrebbe andare storto?