View Single Post
Old 04-20-22, 02:06 PM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Your choice. I'm just telling you how it can work with minimal effort. You actually need more "expertise" to change a tube than you do to use a Dynaplug. It's just that many riders are still clueless about tubeless. I came to it from mountain biking where tubeless is the norm. I do a lot of big century Sportives and there are always plenty of guys stopped at the roadside with wheels off changing tubes. I've never once had to do that with a good tubeless setup. But each to their own.

Be honest here. How many times have you really seen someone struggle to plug a hole in a tubeless tyre? Do you seriously think people would run tubeless if it was such a massive pita? For sure you can make it hard work with the wrong gear and no idea, but it's not inherently difficult.
Certainly you need some expertise sticking a tube in a tight TL tyre. I did just that today. Tube in a Pinarello cinturato velo. Not exactly recommended. Took a lot of effort and tinkering getting it in there without pinching the tube and finally getting it to seat fully. Wouldn't want to do that at the roadside. Btw, why isn't anyone complaining that tyre is stiff as a garden hose? Its the stiffest road bike tyre I've ever seen. Have a feeling ppl used to TL tyres forget what a normal clincher is like.