Old 10-09-22, 03:34 PM
igorgroks

Bikes: Masi Fixed Speciale.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Alzerbster
Hey all. I just turned 65 today, and am officially a senior citizen. I stated riding again a few years ago after I retired. I first bought a Cannondale Adventure. rode it for a year and then sold it and bought a Trek Verve 3. Now I want something else. I test rode a trek Checkpoint just a few days ago. Rode about 3 miles on it. It was certainly faster than my Verve. Just don't know if I would like a bike like that long term. Its the first bike with drop bars that I have rode. Now I'm looking at possibly a Canyon Grizl AL 7. I just don't know if I will find a bike with drop bars comfortable. Have any of you gone from flat bars to drops at this age, and liked it better? I do not do any road riding, but mostly rail trails which is crushed limestone, and light gravel, with some being asphalt. Most of my rides are in the 20 to 50 mile range. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If all of your riding is on roads or hard dirt trails don't let them sell you a front shock. It is unnecessary added weight and complexity unless you are planning on hardcore off roading, in which case full suspension because the load is greater on the rear wheel in all riding.