View Single Post
Old 06-01-21, 02:50 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2473 Post(s)
Liked 722 Times in 513 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike
I do believe that human activity is changing the climate, and almost every other natural resource for the worst. But until that darling little girl starts telling her generation to cut back on having children - like TWO MAX - i can't hear a word she says. ZPG (Zero Population Growth) became a political land mine a few decades ago but unless we are talking about ZPG, we are just talking s**t. Cutting our emissions in half and doubling the population is just wheels spinning in the sand. Total nonsense..
There are no more profligate specimens of humanity on the planet than American Catholics of the Silent and Boomer generations. Thats you and me! Greta's cohort? There are more LGBT in the GenZ and Alpha generations than all others combined. And they don't do families. Gay adoption, marriage and all that establishment role playing is a Gen X deal. Greta is solidly in the Gen Z cohort, hell she might even be an Alpha.. Even the non-LGBT Z's and Alphas don't much go in for the procreation thing. They can't afford it for one thing. I never thought you were ignorant Joey but you have flattened me with your display in this thread. Not just ignorant. Insensitive.

You will be long dead when Greta (if she survives) reaches your age. If the tables were turned you would be taking hostages and torturing them until the Fossil Fuel Industry is repurposed to making renewables. Don't worry Covid variants will take more of the Silent Generation before its over. The country that should have come out of this the best is having the worst time because a majority of Americans are CRIMINALLY ignorant and anti-intellectual. The age for a first colonoscopy was just lowered to 45! What Covid misses Cancer will get. You're 63? I'm 62. Congratulations we have a 100% chance of getting Prostate Cancer. It's all because of CARS. Byproducts of internal combustion have been seeping into our bodies over decades and it is now a certainty that anyone born after 1992 or so will NOT live a normal lifespan. It is impossible. We are entirely in too toxic an environment. Cars. Yes. Cars. So drive your car. No one can stop you. But don't be so OFFENSIVE about it. Greta is showing more nous than any 10 Boomers I know.

That any of this has to be said in a "Living Car Free" forum ... only in America <smh>

Last edited by Leisesturm; 06-01-21 at 03:00 AM.
Likes For Leisesturm: