View Single Post
Old 06-06-21, 05:25 PM
JoeyBike
20+mph Commuter

Bikes: Surly LHT, Surly Lowside, a folding bike, and a beater.

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked 315 Times in 210 Posts
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Thanks for taking a minute here.

Originally Posted by Mark Stone
Great post/narrative JoeyBike -- I had taken some time off from BikeForums and just returned, coming across your post. I disagree with one phrase - "Well, that's it. No longer in your ranks here." For people (like myself) that have spent time car-free, or as I characterize it "car-light", we never change, even when we eventually own a car. I, for one, support your decision -- nevertheless please know that your heritage here at the forums and IRL has given many of us the courage to continue our own Car-Light journeys. So, no, you're still in the "ranks" here. Ten years ago, when I was completely car-free, sometimes if I had a bad day with a driver or the weather or something else and wanted to go over to the Ford dealership - there was nothing like a good JoeyBike post here at the forums to make me want to continue the journey. I appreciate your influence in some of my own decisions.
Originally Posted by zandoval
Understood... Over 30 years no car... Bravo!

It's not strange that when you picked up that used car it was a Toyota. I have had very good luck with high mileage Toyotas. Having a back up car is almost a must. Having one that is yours specifically allows you to do the "Mods". Bike Rack, Bumpers, Roof Rack, Trunk Storage, Tools, Stickers and Flags!!! What fun...

There is nothing like sliding into your car dripping sweat and dirt, your bike behind you cause you removed the seats and tearing off with no worries. Your car now a bicycle transport device and therefore simply another part of your bicycle and you.