Old 04-10-22, 11:54 AM
schwim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 20 Posts
Brake lever placement on drop bars - advice needed

Hello there, folks!
I replaced the bars and levers on my Schwinn Katana and I want to make sure I've got them placed correctly before applying the tape. With mountain bikes, I just take pull the wrench out and move them while riding but this seems a bit less handy so I want to make sure I get it right the first time.

This is my current bar/lever placement(picture taken at 0°

I rode it a bit sans tape and it feels like I could pull the levers even higher but when I Google placement, everyone states the bottom of the lever in plane with the flat of the bottom portion of the bar and when I watch vids and look at pictures, it looks to me like they're placing the levers right about where mine are at the moment.

I should also say that I'm brand new to road bikes so I have no personal experience to fall back on; I don't know what feels "right" because I've not got any real rides under my belt yet.

Insight and thoughts would be welcome. Thanks for your time!

EDIT - It seems I'm not trusted enough to post links, images or upload a file so I'm going to post the broken URL below since this topic is completely useless without visual reference. Sorry about the hassle.

i.imgur . com/tjcfmzs.png