View Single Post
Old 06-16-22, 06:04 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
You said freewheel and you said cassette. I assume cassette is what you need, not a freewheel.

I use eight speed, not nine speed. I have always used SRAM 11/32 cassettes, they have had a couple different grades and they were only a few bucks different in price. The last one I bought was at REI because it was not more than Amazon. And the time before, I bought from Amazon.

You were silent on tools. Do you have the cassette lockring tool? And a chain whip? And an adjustable wrench, half inch drive ratchet or bench vice to put on the cassette tool? If you need that stuff, there probably is a good video on youtube from Park Tools on how to swap out a cassette. Park Tools and Arts cycle are the two places that I think highly of their youtube how-to videos.

It does not matter which brand nine speed cassette you buy. When I say that, there are Campy cassettes that will not work, but I do not think they made an 11/32, so that should not be anything to worry about. If you know that 11/32 is what you have used, stick with it.