Old 08-09-22, 09:34 AM
Harhir

Bikes: Fahrradmanufaktur Trekking Bike, 2 x Lightning Phantom, bikeE AT, Radwagon3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I'm considering the Efneo GTRO - basically an IGH for the front crankset. GTRO for trike – Efneo 3-speed front bicycle Gearbox. For your consideration. I like that it is easy to swap it onto a new trike or bike.
Never seen that one. But I am not sure it will work for the drumbubba. As I understand he added a motor on the front crank set loosing the front derailleur. To add additional gears he either would need to swap his rear derailleur for one with more gears, or add an internal gear hub with more gears or add a combo hub such as the SRAM Dual Drive or the Sturmey Archer.
Yes these internal gear are more complicated than derailleurs but they are not rocket science. Plus they are pretty bullet proof, weather independent and almost maintenance free. I only had one fail on me after 25+ years in service. Internal clutch broke. I accumulated a few spare hubs I use for parts. So I was able to fix it. Unfortunately here in the US most bike shops have no clue how to work in internal gear hubs. No matter what brand. However they are more common in Europe and many bike stores over there do know how to work on them since these brands either originated from Germany or the UK.